Selling a home may be one of the most stressful things you ever have to do in your life.
In fact, according to a survey published in the Washington Post, 95 percent of home sellers say they’re stressed out by at least one aspect of the selling process.
While it can be difficult to escape the stress of selling a home altogether, there are certain things you can do to make the process of selling your home less stressful. Check out this guide to learn how to make selling your home a stress-free experience.
1. Understand the Selling Process
Before you put your home up for sale, it’s important to understand everything you’re getting into. A lot of times, homeowners go into the process thinking they just need to list their home on a real estate website.
However, there’s a lot that goes into selling a home, including:
- Taking professional photos and staging it
- Figuring out all of the costs, including government levies and real estate fees
- Hiring a real estate agent like the ones at https://www.hatchrealty.com/
- Marketing your home and hosting showings and walkthroughs
- Making repairs and boosting your home’s curb appeal
While the average home sits on the market for 39 days, you’re going to need to put in a lot of work before you list it for sale.
2. Find the Right Real Estate Agent
A real estate agent can make or break your home selling experience. Real estate agents come with experience and knowledge to help you find the right clients and get a good price for your home.
- Put together your home listing and list your home for you on the MLS
- Help you price your home fairly
- Make repair recommendations
- Make recommendations for contractors, including repairmen, home inspectors, and home stagers
- Help you field offers
- Help you negotiate the final price
Basically, your real estate agent will serve as your right-hand man during the home selling process, so it’s important to find someone with the right experience.
3. Keep Your Home Tidy
If a client is interested in buying your home, they’ll most likely request a physical tour of the place. We recommend keeping your home presentable at all times so you don’t have to deal with the stress of last-minute cleaning sessions.
Before you put your home up for sale, you should also do a big cleanout where you get rid of any excess clutter. This way, you just need to do small cleaning sessions while your home is on the market.
4. Have the Right Mindset
Many sellers become frustrated when they don’t have multiple offers within one week. Understand that the home selling process takes time, and if your home has spent too much time on the market, there’s usually something you can do to make it more marketable.
You can always speak to your real estate agent about what you can do to better market your home.
Selling Your House: Are You Ready to Sell?
Now that you know how to make selling your house a stress-free experience, it’s time to get started. With the tips above, you’ll be able to avoid a lot of the stress that comes with selling a home.
You can also check out our blog for more home selling tips!