A cereal is considered as the healthiest breakfast especially amongst the kids they are the number one target consumers of cereals. Everybody seems to enjoy these tasty treats in the morning specifically when it’s topped chocolate chips, fruits, etc. As cereals are one of the common breakfasts around the globe this increases the demand of the product and by this means the need of packaging solutions from makers’ side. The competition within the packaging industry is tough due to the high demand of cereals particularly when the consumers are mostly kids. The packaging has to be attractive enough to grab the attention of the kids and the parents while shopping. Hence, packaging is the effective tool for the advertisement of the product. High quality packaging preserves the quality of cereals and improves its appearance to make it further demanding.
Shortcomings of Traditional Cartons Cereal Packaging
The traditional form of packaging cereal has been boxes which come with some apparent disappointment.
- Customers have no idea how much product do they get in that box on the shelf. Sometimes the product inside the box is much lesser than the size of the box itself leaving the customers surprised.
- Boxes are not waterproof and can get wet easily after coming in the contact of water. Boxes become ineffective and need to be thrown out after that.
- The interior wax-like bag serves no purpose in the protection of cereals from insects and allows the cereal to get stale.
- It doesn’t matter how much product is left the boxes are going to take the same amount of shelf space.
Stand up Bags for Cereal Packaging and its Benefits
Utilizing stand up bags to package your goods is one way to stand out your brand in the market and build your brand image more successfully.
- Stand up bag is made of multiple layers of specially formulated film which is laminated together to create a barrier which locks the freshness and flavor of product, hence protect it from external threats including spoilage and breakage.
- The bag is designed in such a way that it creates a sturdy, waterproof, and puncture resistant container. If the bag comes in contact with water or if you put your bag on wet counter, your cereal will remain dry.
- These bags decreases in size, you can empty out portions of the bag which will show you that how much cereal is left and will consume less space on the shelf. These are more environment friendly as they take up less space.
- Stand up bags gives you versatile display on the shelf which will boost your sales and your brand will stand out amongst the others.
- Another reason of the popularity of these bags is that they are less costly to manufacture and transfer than traditional cereal cartons.
Imprinted Cereal Boxes to Appeal your Customers
There is diverse range of cereals available in the market with bright, bold, and lively printed cereal boxes. These boxes play a fundamental part in making the cereals tempting and mouth-watering which grabs the attention of passerby and make them buy it. The design of the boxes is changed time to time to keep customers intact with brand. Trix, Frosties, Cocoa Kellogg’s, Cheerios, and many others are the hot selling brands of cereals mainly due to their appealing packaging apart from taste. Cereals are packed in the boxes with logo in captivating textures for an attention-grabbing effect to attract targeted customers. In case of attracting kids images of Superman, Ironman, Winnie the Pooh, and other inspiring heroes can be printed on the boxes. To show the standard of the cereal usually beneficial nutritional information is printed on the boxes in an enlightening way. Focus on gaining the attention of parents by telling them about the health benefits that the kids are going to receive by having your cereal.
Different Types of Cereal Packaging
One of the most familiar packaging is a box that contains a plastic or waxed bag inside to hold the cereal. The box serves two more purposes other than advertising. It will remove excess moisture and will keep the cereal crisp and will protect the grains from the physical damage.
This method is generally used for bulk capacities of cereal in this case large boxes are impractical. The bags do not provide the same security from crushing effects, but they do facilitate the consumer as they can be reduced to a smaller size.
Vacuum Sealed Packaging
Vacuum-sealed containers create a tightly sealed environment for the grains. They are usually made from laminated materials so they naturally repel moisture and are more resistant to damage. This method is costly to implement.
Some manufacturers use special metal tins for cereal packaging both for brand identification and for their unique properties. These containers can be reused by customers.