A typical question that you will surely have when playing Diablo 2: Resurrected is if there is the option to restart all the skills of your character to be able to redistribute your points in another way, something basic if you want to try different build constructions in the same game.
Luckily, the game does offer the option to reset skills, although only by a few very specific methods. To clarify this matter, here’s how you can reset your characters’ stats and abilities to assign them again.
Diablo 2: Resurrected – Reset your skills with Akara
The basic method to be able to reset all the statistics and abilities of your character in Diablo 2: Resurrected is the following:
- You must speak to Akara’s character after completing the main quest titled Den of Evil.
- This is the first mission in Act 1, so it won’t take long to complete it.
- In this mission you must clean a lair located in the wasteland outside the harpy camp.
- After doing so, you can return with Akara to the main city to get your reward.
- From then on, if you talk to Akara, you will see that you have the option to reset stats and abilities dialog.
Be careful, it is very important to note that this free option is only allowed once per game. That is, you can only reset your character’s abilities once. Therefore, it is advisable to do it from level 30 at least, when you already have access to all the skills of your class and you know better how you want to reorganize them.
It goes without saying that this reset method allows you to immediately assign all the points you have earned in your adventure (without losing your current character level). Which is very useful to unlock the skills that interest you the most from scratch and even redistribute the points of your strength, dexterity, vitality and energy statistics.
Get Absolution Tokens
If you have already talked to Akara and have reset all your stats and abilities, but want to do it again with the same character, you should know that there is an alternative method. Although it is quite laborious and can only be carried out by playing on the Hell difficulty mode.
This method consists of invoking an acquittal token. To get one of these tokens, you will have to do the following:
- You must get 4 different essences to combine in the Horadric Cube.
- The essences are:Charged Essence Of Hatred, Festering Essence Of Destruction, Twisted Essence Of Suffering, and Burning Essence Of Terror.
- These essences as special Diablo 2 Resurrected itemsare obtained: from four Act bosses, specifically Andariel and Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal.
As you can see, it is not something that will take you a short time, and it does not work on the Normal and Nightmare difficulties. The good news is that these four essences can be farmed as many times as you like to summon as many absolution tokens as you like.
Finally, we mention the classic “reroll” method. What does this mean? Well directly create a new character. Obviously this is not the best or the most comfortable option, but if you have no other option, you can always start a new game with a different character and distribute their statistics and skill points as you like this time.
It’s certainly something that many gamers have done over the years to try out different setups and have fun experimenting.