Have you just brought a Linksys RE6300 extender but worried to set it up? Need not to worry! We’ve got your back! Through this post, you will get to learn about how to complete Linksys RE6300 setup process with ease.
So, without wasting much time, let’s get started, shall we? But, before delving into the Linksys RE6300 setup process, there are certain things that you need to consider. Have a quick glance below:
- Ensure that your Linksys RE6300 extender is placed at the center location in your home, near to your router.
- Also, ensure that your Linksys WiFi range extender and router are receiving continuous power supply.
- The LED on your Linksys WiFi extender must be stable.
Now that you have gone through the requirements listed above that you need to keep in mind while settings up Linksys extender, it’s time to move a little forward to configure it. Are you ready? Keep scrolling down!
How to Configure Linksys RE6300 WiFi Range Extender?
There are 3 easy ways through which you can easily perform Linksys RE6300 setup process:
- First is using the Linksys app
- Second is using the WPS method
- And third is using the Linksys extender’s web-user interface
Go through the all 3 Linksys extender setup methods one-by-one:
Linksys Extender Setup Using the Linksys App
The first and easy way through which you can easily setup Linksys extender is by using the Linksys app. The Linksys app works on both Android and iOS devices. Let’s take you through Linksys extender setup process using the Linksys app.
- First and foremost, connect your Linksys extender to your router.
- Then, grab your cell phone and connect it to the extender’s WiFi.
- Open the Play Store if you have an Android device and App store if you have an iOS device.
- Download the Linksys app.
- Install the Linksys app on your smart device completely.
- Create a Linksys account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions Linksys extender setup instructions provided on the app to configure the device in a hassle-free way.
Linksys Extender Setup Using the WPS Button
Note: Prior to apply the WPS method to configure your Linksys WiFi range extender, make sure that your home router is WPS capable.
If your router is not WPS capable, then don’t worry. You can perform the Linksys extender setup process either by using the Linksys app or using its web-user interface.
WPS is known as WiFi Protected Setup. It is one of the easiest and quickest methods to perform Linksys RE6300 setup. Follow the steps outlined underneath to perform the Linksys extender setup with ease.
- First things first, ensure that your Linksys RE6300 extender is connected to your home router.
- Then, locate the Linksys extender’s WPS button.
- Once found, push it and within 2 minutes push the WPS button on your home router.
- The WPS LED on your Linksys extender and router will started blinking.
Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new extended WiFi and enjoy the blazing-fast internet in every corner of your house.
Bonus Tip: For Linksys router setup process using the WPS button, apply the same instructions as listed above. But your existing device (router or modem) must be WPS-capable.
Linksys Extender Setup Using the Web-User Interface
To set up your Linksys RE6300 extender using the web-user interface, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Connect your Linksys extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- Then, plug them both into a working wall outlet.
- Open a web browser on a desktop or a laptop and enter extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- Now, enter the Linksys extender password and click on Log In.
Note: For Linksys router setup using the web-user interface, enter the default Linksys router login password.
- You will be redirected to the Linksys RE6300 extender’s web-based setup page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Linksys RE6300 setup process.
That was all about to perform Linksys extender setup process in a hassle-free way. We hope we were able to assist you regarding Linksys RE6300 setup? In the event that you come across with any issues while performing the Linksys extender setup process, feel free to contact our competent technical experts anytime.