When you enjoy time outdoors, your mood may benefit from the fresh air and vitamin D3 from sunshine. However, the extra time outside can leave your skin more exposed to the elements, making it look dry. With the temperatures warming up, many people will find themselves outside more often enjoying the activities they missed out on all winter. That may mean more time in the sun, heat, and wind. When you spend time outside, your skin will need more support to maintain its youthful appearance.
For optimal skin appearance, use a face serum to support hydration.
What are the Benefits of a Face Serum?
If you are not familiar with how your skin barrier works, you may be wondering why you need to concern yourself with its health. Your skin barrier plays an important role in the appearance of your skin.
Your skin barrier provides a defense system to prevent outside toxins from getting into your body. There are three layers to your skin: subcutaneous tissue (the deepest layer), the dermis (the middle layer), and the epidermis, or stratum corneum (the topmost layer). The stratum corneum provides the barrier that protects your body from unwanted entities like chemicals or environmental pollutants.
When you have a healthy skin barrier, you can experience the following benefits:
- Your skin will appear glowing and radiant.
- Your skin will feel soft and supple.
- You will experience optimal skin comfort and hydration.
As you can see, a strong skin barrier serves a role in protecting the skin as well as maintaining its natural beauty.
How Can a Face Serum Help Maintain Skin Appearance?
Now that you know the importance of a healthy skin barrier, you may be interested in learning how you can help care for your skin’s naturally fresh appearance
Here are some ways that you can help maintain optimal skin appearance:
- Use gentle products on your skin. Harsh products can be drying or irritating and make the skin barrier more vulnerable to environmental toxins. Opt for water-based products over alcohol-based products for the gentlest skin care formulas.
- Keep your skin moisturized. Plump, hydrated skin is more resilient. You can support a hydrated skin barrier with a face serum, moisturizer, and a humidifier to maintain optimal humidity levels in your home. The combination of a face serum and moisturizer can provide optimal hydration. Face serums are more concentrated and can deliver a more potent dose of active ingredients than a moisturizer.
- Wear sun protection when you will be exposed to the sun. Choose a facial sunscreen that contains soothing, moisturizing ingredients. Using a facial moisturizer with sunscreen included is a good option. However, if you are planning on spending a lot of time out in the sun, you would benefit from a separate sunscreen for additional protection. If you spend a day at the beach or you plan on going to the park or out on a hike, you will likely encounter sun and wind.
USANA Vitalizing Face Serum Can Help Support a Youthful Appearance
USANA Vitalizing Serum can help you maintain a young, fresh appearance with a blend of nourishing ingredients known to support hydration levels. The combination of bioactive peptides and botanical extracts can leave your skin feeling soft and supple. Applying USANA Vitalizing Serum morning and evening prior to your moisturizer can help you care for your skin barrier while you enjoy radiant-looking skin.