Exfoliation is a vital step of a complete skincare routine not just for our face but the body too. Most people rely upon bathing bars or showering gels to cleanse their bodies. But to remove tan and dead skin cells, it is essential to exfoliate the skin. And what we all need to understand is that using a loofah is not exfoliating the skin. One needs to use a suitable body scrub for her skin type to level up. But how to find the best scrub? Which brand to trust? And how to use a body scrub to enhance skin radiance? Read on to find the answers to these queries.
To start with, one must choose an organic body scrub as the most reliable and productive option. No matter how strictly one follows the ultimate skincare routine but if the quality of products is poor, exfoliating will make no difference. One can shop at Juicy Chemistry to buy the best organic body scrub. The brand offers all naturally formulated products that are safe and effective. When the perfect is in hand, follow these steps to use the scrub for soft, supple and radiant skin.
Body scrubs must be a part of a regular skincare routine at least twice a week!
Identify The Best Organic Body Scrub As Per Ingredients
For reaping the optimum benefits of an organic body scrub, it is necessary to use its proper variant as per one’s skin type. Although the skin on our legs and hands are rougher than that on the face, it can suffer damage and irritation if not treated properly. Here are a few preferred variants of scrubs that are suitable for all skin types.
Brown sugar granules combined with soothing and natural antibacterial ingredients, like Neem, honey, Tea Tree, etc. are commonly in use. Sugar is a great mild exfoliator that is mild on the skin and effective in peeling off dead skin cells.
Sea Salt Scrubs
Sea salt is one of the oldest and trusted ingredients used for making body scrubs. Organic body scrub with sea salt and natural oils or shea butter can do wonders for the skin.
Apricot and walnut granules are the most common components in facial and body scrubs. Although these elements are very effective, people with sensitive skin should avoid using them. The granules can be a bit tough on such skin types. These scrubs are best for oily skin types as they require a tough scrubbing agent to get rid of dust particles stuck in the skin pores.
Coffee & Chocolate
This combination has gained immense popularity in recent times. Coffee & Chocolate suit all skin types and are effective in removing tan. This organic body scrub also nourishes the skin without leaving it dry and irritated.
Salicylic acid for oily skin and glycolic acid for dry or sensitive skin types fall under this chemical exfoliation category. This combination has also become a trend in the market.
How To Use A Body Scrub: Step-By-Step Guide
After acquiring the most suitable combination of an organic body scrub, follow these steps for application to get radiant and refreshed skin.
- Wash the body with lukewarm water to soften the surface of the skin and open pores. One can either let the water run for 5-10 minutes or put it in a bathtub and soak the body.
- Use a mild cleanser to cleanse the body.
- Take a sufficient amount of scrub in hand and apply it all over the skin. Use gentle and circular motions to scrub the body. Apply bearable pressure without scrubbing too roughly.
- Take time and cover all parts of the body. If needed, use a soft exfoliating brush to complete the process.
- Wash your skin thoroughly with normal water.
- Pat dry and apply a gentle organic moisturiser. Avoid using AHA or Vitamin C moisturiser after using the organic body scrub to avoid the stingy sensation. Use shea or cocoa butter moisturisers for best results.
A Few Additional Tips To Follow
Apart from following this step-by-step guide, it is essential to take a few precautions to make sure the skin is not over-exfoliated.
- Always use an organic body scrub from a trusted brand. Using scrub with synthesised beads or harsh chemicals like paraben, sulfate, and active compounds can damage the skin cells.
- Do not put a lot of pressure while scrubbing the body. Be gentle and use proper circular motions. Rubbing the skin vigorously with a scrub base can cause skin irritation and redness.
- Never use a scrub more than twice a week. It can cause dryness and white fine lines on the skin.
A healthy skin care routine is incomplete without exfoliation. One must use body scrubs twice a week by following this process. Use a moisturiser to nourish the skin deeply. Do not miss out on any step or product in this process. Also, buy the best organic products to protect the skin from chemicals and harmful toxins!