Have you ever seen your mother serving that delicious dish to each of the members of the family, while when her turn came, the dish was finished? She still did not make a face, but rather felt happy that everybody liked her cooking. Well, this is a common story in every household. Women are naturally caring by nature. No matter what a woman does, whether she is career-minded or a homemaker, she keeps her family first and then thinks about herself. This often leads to ignoring the health conditions that they develop with age. And finally, a time comes when she has to be admitted to the hospital and undergoes a series of treatments.
Along with the pressure of treatments, this also costs a lot of money. This is why buying health insurance is very important. Let us take a look at the various reasons that explain why every woman should purchase a health insurance plan in our country.
Helps to manage excessive medical costs
Whether you are undergoing minor or major health treatment, it can make a hole in your pockets, depending upon the kind of hospital you are choosing. However, having a health insurance plan will help you to manage those expenses. All the money or to a certain extent the costs will be reimbursed by the health insurance company.
Availing of advanced medical facilities
When you have health insurance for women, you can avail yourself of the advanced medical facilities in the network hospitals in the country. However, you need to make sure that you get your treatment done at one of the network hospitals.
A health insurance policy does not only offer health security but also provides tax benefits. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, you can enjoy a tax benefit of up to INR 25,000. This also includes the annual premium paid for yourself, spouse, children, parents, and other members who are dependent on you, who are covered under the policy.
Women, who are already burdened with a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders, can get a lot of help through health insurance plans. Even if they are hospitalized someday, they can avail themselves of the benefits of health insurance and clear the hospital bills.
How to find health insurance for women?
Since there are so many health insurance plans available in the market, it can confuse anyone while choosing one from the lot. Well, the following guidelines can be helpful in that case. Let us take a look at them.
- While you are looking for the best health insurance policy for women, make sure you find one that provides maternity benefits to women as well as the newborn. If you are planning to welcome your baby to this world, you should go for a plan that comes with a minimum waiting period.
- You must look for a term insurance policy that provides coverage for critical illnesses such as cervical cancer, breast cancer, etc.
- You can also consider looking for a health insurance plan that provides coverage for pre-existing illnesses. Therefore, even if you have any kind of pre-existing ailment, you do not have to worry and get started with the treatment.
- Make sure the health insurance plan you are going to buy offers cashless hospitalization so that the process can be hassle-free. However, this can only be possible in the network hospitals that are empaneled under the insurance policy.
- The health insurance policy should cover the pre and post-hospitalization costs.
Now, all that you need to do is to compare the several health insurance policies and choose the one that is apt for you. To do so, you can visit the website of IIFL.