Greetings to the readers, in this article I have discussed important aspects of communication skills and also how to improve them.
So firstly on seeing the title, the question that arises is that what actually effective communication skills are. So this is basically the ability to interact with people around you. Interaction involves speaking effectively which involves listening also. So the fact is if one is not a good listener, that person can never be a speaker. This is necessary in both professional and personal life.
Secondly, the question is why this skill is so important. This skill is important because learning it will teach you how to express your feelings, translate your emotions and reveal your pure intentions. In this, you will never have any misunderstanding with anyone. This will make a great collaborator and a good team member. Some people are also trying to improve form social sites such as a FB, insta, linked, pintrest, free4talk, Omegle, etc.
Now the question must be arising in your mind what are the skills which are required to become an effective communicator. Those skills are listed below:
● Listening skills: Basically people often confuse listening with hearing. Listening means analyzing whatever you are hearing and making the speaker feel that you actually care what that person is saying and act as per the words, in other paying respect by giving the person proper attention. Hearing on the other hand is just the act of entrance of words in your ears and has no effect on you in actuality. One point to be noted is that a good speaker uses many different types of listening. Hence it all depends on you how you do it.
● Empathy: This is the most important skill I believe. This is because to be a speaker you have to be a good listener and to be that you must understand what the opposite person feels, thinks or how related thoughts are bothering the person. If you are able to understand this, then it signifies that you are having high emotional intelligence and so it symbolizes that you can become a good speaker.
● Non-verbal communication skills: This mainly includes body language and proper gestures while giving demonstrating a presentation. Using this skill, interaction becomes a lot easier. Proper use of this skill signifies that you are both empathetic and also a good listener.
● Teamwork: Now this skill will really make anyone successful in their professional life. To be a good team player you must have good listening skills, empathy and also proper body language all of which collectively make a good reputation and also helps to build a good team.
Now finally after knowing all these things you must require a lot of practice. Also, some tips and tricks will definitely help in becoming a good speaker.
Those are listed below:
- Practice public speaking: This means you have to seek opportunities every now and then to practice.
- Use Social Sites: Yes this one is an also an amazing idea if you want to boost the skill of conversation then try any social chatting sites that freely available on the internet. YOU can check omegle, ome tv, Coomeet, dirtyroulete, chatroulette type chatting site that aallow free stranger voice and video chat.
- Try to make your own emotions: This will help you become more empathetic. To do this you must involve yourself in deep listening with whomever you are interacting with and responding as per that.
- Practice in front of a mirror. This will help you build a lot of confidence.
- Practice proper body language.
- Finally increase your vocabulary. For this read a lot.
So these were all the points that must be kept in mind to become a good speaker.