Pay stubs always come with a rewarding feeling. This is a document we wait to receive for the whole month, giving us a satisfactory feeling every month. It goes without saying, we need to ensure we create a paystub that accurately measures all the earnings an employee gets during the month. Your paystub generator should be able to accommodate and fairly calculate all the earnings each month.
As an employer, you will need to use a paystub maker that not only calculates the monthly wages error-free but also calculates the additional overtime each employee needs to be paid based on the number of additional hours put in.
Additional earnings that you have to include in the pay stubs
As an employer, you have to check stub maker to make sure each of the employee’s pay allowances in addition to his salary/wages is being included in the pay stub. It should not only be the w2 form online but also additional perks and other supplementary taxable incomes that have to be included in the gross pay.
Usual additional earning heads-
Additional earnings also include-
- Pay for overtime hours
- Severance pay
- Custom earnings
- Doubled pay for overtime hours
- Advances on salary pay
- Extended FMLA paid leave
How to add additional earnings to a paystub?
To do this, remember you have to differentiate it from gross pay.
- Create the pay stub in the software for the particular employee with all necessary information like name, employee ID, address, date of birth, date of joining, and so on.
- Once you have added all of this, select the ‘Additional earning and deductions’ section in the software. This section will allow you to add all additional earnings to the respective employee’s pay stub.
- Next, you need to select the right type of additional earning. There will be a list of options you can choose from. Select and move on.
- After this, you are needed to add the calculated amount of additional earnings.
- Check every detail and then you are free to download the pay stub.
This is a simple way to get your employee’s pay stubs made without spending too much time on them. This workflow can be done by anyone, a little training may be required for it. Gone are the days when special accountants had to manually calculate each employee’s gross pay and additional earnings while preparing the pay stubs. Now, anyone can get it done in a few minutes.