Are you renovating your house? The mess created by renovation is frustrating you? You don’t know how to manage all the debris and mess after completing the renovating process? If yes, then no need to worry we have a solution for you.
It’s no secret that home renovation is an extensive process. A lot of junk will be uncovered that you need to take care of. For this, you can hire the most affordable junk removal Vallejo company.
If you want to serve less time after completing maintenance work then first you have to do some preparation. This will surely save you time and you don’t have to spend extra effort in cleaning your home.
Preparation before renovation
Before you start renovation and the contractor comes to your place, you should do the following things:
Cover up the part of the house not be renovated
- The first thing you have to do is cordon off the zone of renovation. For this, you have to create a seal by hanging a heavy-duty tarp of 0.7 mm thickness. Then you are to apply the masking tape around the sides of the tarp at the meeting point of walls, floors, and ceiling. You can use the tension rods to hold the tarp.
- You can use adhesive zippers to your trap to prevent the dust from flying through small holes. If there is heavy sand work then you should add a double layer that will prevent penetration of particles on the surfaces.
- If you are painting your house, then cover the floors with construction paper. Use a double layer so it does not tear out while dragging the stairs. Moreover, cover the windows and appliances also with tarps. Make sure you don’t leave any gap.
- If you are maintaining the center of your home then consider laying the tarp or construction paper where there is high traffic. This will prevent dust from moving to the rest of space.
- Don’t forget to cover the furniture, you can cover it with the old bedsheets or using the tarp. Plus, apply the masking tape between the floors and doors. In this way, you will seal the closet and keep your home dust-free during renovation.
Once the work is completed, you have to clean your house. You have to complete the cleaning kit. Try to arrange the vacuum with HEPA technology. The high-efficiency particulate air technology can trap smaller particles as compared to normal vacuums. If you don’t want to buy it, you can rent and use it for deep cleaning.
You should vacuum the surface on a daily basis during renovation so after renovation you don’t have to do extra cleaning effort.
Steps to follow after renovation
Post-construction cleaning requires some time. For this, you have to be patient. If you have covered the furniture, ceilings, and doors then it will not be hectic for you. Follow the steps given below to deeply clean the house
Sweep and vacuum first
The first step is to broom or use a vacuum to deeply clean the dust or sand. Make sure to discard the sand out of the house in a garbage bag, vacuum all surfaces including walls and ceilings.
Disinfect the floors
- After dry sweeping, take a wet mop. Try to add disinfectant in water and wash mop in it and then wipe all the surfaces to make your home free of germs. After cleaning walls, ceilings, windows, and doors, open the windows, keep your exhaust fan on so the air circulates and the smell of paint or varnish eradicates quickly.
- The next step is to vacuum upholstery, knobs, baseboards, and hardware, sanitize the bathrooms and kitchens including counters, appliances, and counters. Wipe down the interiors including frames and sills.
- Dust all grates, blinds, ceiling fans, lighting fixtures, and vents.
- Clean the closets, hinges, handles, shelves, and cabinets.
- Lastly, pack all trash and debris in the garbage bag and throw it in the garbage box or contract with a waste company to take out all debris. These are a few steps you have to follow to clean the house after renovation.
Point to ponder
- Try to cover all places before renovation r=especially when you are going to paint the house. Because enamel paint is very difficult to remove so cover the floor, windows, and doors plus furniture.
- Apply masking tape around the corners where there is no need for renovation.
- Use the disinfectant and sanitizer after completely sweeping and washing the floors.
If you are left with a lot of junk after the renovation process has completed, consider hiring 3 Kings Hauling and More to get rid of all the unnecessary stuff you have accumulated over the years.