Whether your Netgear extender is performing slow or ceased to work after updating the firmware, performing factory default reset has always been the ultimate solution. The factory default reset of the Netgear wireless extender erases every current setting and helps in getting rid of the extender-related issues. So, if you are also searching for a guide to reset your Netgear wireless range extender, then read none other than this article. Here, we will provide you with step-by-step guidelines about how to reset your Netgear extender via mywifiext.net.
But, keeping the fact in mind that factory default reset erases saved settings of your extender, you should consider taking a backup of your extender’s settings. So, before we head over to the steps to reset your Netgear extender, let’s discuss how to take backup of its settings.
How to Back Up Netgear Extender’s Settings?
- Plug your Netgear range extender into an active wall socket and turn it on.
- Wait for the power LED to become steady.
- Connect the extender and router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, launch a web browser on your PC and access the mywifiext page.
- Fill in the default login details of your Netgear wireless extender into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie setup wizard, go to Settings > Other.
- Click the Backup button on the Other Settings page.
- Save the backup file at the desired location on your PC.
Now that you have a backup file of your extender’s settings, so it is time to restore the WiFi device to its factory default settings. Here are the steps to reset your Netgear range extender via mywifiext.net.
Steps to Reset Netgear Extender Via Mywifiext.net
- Ensure that your Netgear wireless range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Make a hardwired connection between your Netgear extender and the router if you haven’t made it yet.
- Open a web browser on your PC and access mywifiext.net again.
- Enter the default login details of your Netgear wireless extender on the mywifiext login page and log in to your WiFi device.
- Now, head over to the Settings option and look for the Reset option on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Click Reset and then the Yes button to restore your Netgear wireless range extender to factory default settings.
Your Netgear extender will reset and you have to set it up again. So, reconfigure your wireless extender and restore its previous settings using the backup file that you’ve saved on your .
Tips to Successfully Reset Your Netgear Extender
- Never use a worn-out Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear extender and the router. Besides, the connection should be finger-tight.
- Ensure that the web browser you are using to access mywifiext.net is updated and free of cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Make sure to enter the correct default username and password to log in to your Netgear range extender. Bear in mind that the extender’s default login details are case-sensitive. So, you have to be cautious while typing them. Also, consider using the new login credentials if you’ve ever changed the username and password in the past.
- Disable all the antivirus software and firewall on your PC temporarily while restoring your Netgear extender to the factory default settings via the mywifiext page.
- Avoid refreshing the web browser or turning off the extender while resetting your Netgear wireless extender.
This was all about how to reset your Netgear extender via mywifiext.net. Let’s hope that you will be able to restore your Netgear extender to the factory default settings with the help of the aforementioned guide in a hassle-free manner.