Information Technology Infrastructure Library (in short called ITIL) is the most extensively used framework for IT administration globally, with firms implementing it on a global scale. The ITIL certification is well respected for its accuracy and validity, and it earns its holders great respect. However, some candidates express concern about the ITIL certification test’s difficulty.
Specific certifications, such as ITIL V4 Foundation Training in Riyadh, can be pretty valuable to your career, but simply obtaining the certificate is insufficient; you must also possess adequate knowledge of the subject and the ability to apply the principles realistically in real life. Obtaining qualifications is analogous to adding additional stars to your fantasy sky. Simply memorizing the material will not get you good grades; you must have a thorough knowledge of all the topics.
Obtaining a valuable certification is not simple, and you must work extremely hard to earn that. However, before deciding on the certification’s difficulty level, you must grasp what is contained within the certificate!
With such high demand and the potential to open doors of opportunity for you, the certification is not easy to obtain. However, passing the ITIL 4 certification exam will no longer be difficult if you follow the most helpful advice. Be sure to thoroughly educate yourself about the ITIL 4 Foundation test before you decide to sit for it. With this information, we can then determine how challenging the exam will be.
What is the ITIL Foundation certification exam?
ITIL began as a collection of publications outlining best practices and procedures for defining, producing, and providing information technology services to increase the company’s value. It was approximately 30 years ago, during the infancy of information technology. It is used in this instance to streamline corporate procedures and boost productivity and operational efficiency.
Since the 1980s, ITIL has gone through multiple development cycles. As an internationally renowned standard for IT service management, it is now being adopted by a growing number of medium and large enterprises to streamline their IT service operations.
The timeline above shows the evolution of ITIL over time:
- ITIL V1 (1980)
- ITIL V2 (2001)
- ITIL V3 (2007)
- ITIL V3 Foundation (2011-upgraded)
- ITIL V4 Foundation (Current Version)
Consider taking the ITIL Foundation Exam for the following reasons:
- You can select from various career options.
- After passing the ITIL Foundation exam, you’ll have many work options in ITSM.
ITIL Foundation exam details
- The ITIL Foundation exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions with a time limit of 60 minutes.
- Each question will have four possible answers.
- A candidate must correctly answer 26 out of 40 questions to pass the foundation level examination and become ITIL certified.
- The exam contains no negative marking.
- The exam measures your degree of understanding, not your ability to memorize.
- It is based upon your understanding of the topics, not on which correct option you choose.
ITIL 4 Foundation exam structure
The exam assesses a candidate’s abilities in the following areas:
- First and foremost, be familiar with service management’s foundational concepts.
- Second, learn how ITIL’s guiding principles can assist a company in implementing and modifying its service management processes.
- Recognize the four service management dimensions.
- Understand the ITIL service value system’s objective and components as well.
- After that, learn about the service value chain’s activities and how they relate to one another.
- In addition, understand 15 ITIL practices’ goals and essential phrases.
- Finally, learn about the seven ITIL best practices.
Now move on to the vital question: How hard is the ITIL exam to crack?
How difficult is the ITIL 4 Foundation exam?
Statistics show that over 80% of people pass the exam whenever it comes to the percentage who succeed. So, we may conclude that the exam’s difficulty level is moderate, but students should prepare enough. So, even if the exam isn’t too challenging, it won’t be easy either. To pass the test, you only need the appropriate materials.
You may prepare and practice for the exam using all the tools accessible on the official site and the internet. To crack the test, make sure you have the suitable study materials and put in the time to practice plenty of times before the actual day.
ITIL 4 Foundation study guide
There are numerous materials available for preparation. However, because this certification is pretty tricky, you must take extreme caution while selecting resources. Verify that the resources you’ve picked are appropriate for your degree of understanding. Consider some valuable resources.
- Online classes and training sessions guided by instructors: Subject-matter experts teach these classes. Ensure that the content is of high quality and compare it to other sources to determine its reliability. These online courses and instructor-led ITIL 4 Foundation training are among the most interactive methods of exam preparation.
- Practicing through workshops: It’s not enough to stuff the servings full. You’ll have to put your knowledge to the test in the workshops or using the appropriate software. Then you’ll understand how things function in the real world. Additionally, you should be familiar with the practical application of the theories you learn.
- Use the ITIL 4 Foundation Practice Exam to see how well you’ve prepared: The amount of preparation you keep in will significantly impact your exam performance; as many practice exams and test series as possible are recommended before you sit for the real thing. Additionally, they may assist you in establishing your degree of preparation and discover your weak points and any loopholes you may have.
The main objective of ITIL is to standardize the IT operations of a company, and an ITIL exam is therefore conducted in this circumstance. This exam provides an excellent opportunity for future IT administrators to go from the role of backend supporter to that of business service partner.
Passing the ITIL exam is challenging, and many exam takers report that it is not too difficult. If you study hard and collect all necessary resources, you should have no difficulty passing the ITIL exam.