So, you are trying to configure your Netgear WiFi router! But what’s that? The Netgear router configuration page not loading at all! Oh, snap! It is truly frustrating. Due to this, some users continue to use their router with the default settings. However, it can put your WiFi network security at risk. So, it is important to change the default settings of your Netgear wireless router. Here, we will let you know different troubleshooting ways to make your Netgear router configuration page working. Continue reading.
How to Access Netgear Router Configuration Page?
First things first, you should be aware of the complete and correct steps to access the Netgear WiFi router configuration page. Otherwise, you may fail to configure your router. And if you follow the correct steps to log in to the configuration page, maybe the issue gets fixed and you don’t need to apply any troubleshooting way.
Netgear WiFi router configuration page can be accessed either via routerlogin.net or using 192.168.1.1 IP.
Let’s have a look at the steps to access the configuration web page of your Netgear router:
- Make a wired connection between your Netgear WiFi router and modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug the router into a wall socket and power it on.
- Turn on your modem as well.
- On your computer or laptop, open an internet browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key. As mentioned earlier, you can also use the default IP address of your router to access the configuration page.
- Now, the Netgear WiFi router login page comes into view.
- Insert the admin username and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
Done! You would now be on the Netgear router configuration web page. Here, you can make setting changes in your router as per your needs.
Fixed: Netgear Router Configuration Page Not Loading
Are you still facing the same issue even after following the correct steps mentioned above? Gotcha! Here are some quick fixes to help you resolve the Netgear router configuration page not loading issue:
- Be sure that you are using the correct URL or IP for accessing the configuration web page. Even a single typo can lead you to the router configuration page access errors.
- The Netgear WiFi router must be turned on and getting constant power supply throughout the configuration process.
- Ensure that you didn’t type the routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 in the search bar. Enter the Netgear router login URL or IP in the address bar only.
- Check the web browser you are using to access the Netgear router configuration page. It should be updated to the latest version. What’s more, there is no accumulated junk files, cache, cookies, and browsing history in your web browser.
- On the off chance if still Netgear router configuration page not loading, you can opt for another browser to get the job done.
- Verify whether the Power LED on your Netgear wireless router is turned on and showing solid green.
- Confirm if the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your Netgear router and modem is not damaged. If it has any sort of cuts or damages, replace it with a new one right away.
- Reboot your Netgear WiFi router and modem and try again to access routerlogin.net setup web page.
- Try to access the Netgear router configuration page using another device. For instance, if you were earlier using a computer, now try using your laptop or smartphone.
- Update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router to the most recent version and try accessing the configuration page again.
So, these were some of the best troubleshooting ways to get rid of the Netgear router configuration page not loading issue. Which one helped you out? Let us know in the comments section.