The medical field is undoubtedly one of the most challenging. Unlike any other sector, it carries greater responsibility and risks. Also, the standards for this field are higher. Many of these features make it complex and need many requirements. One of such is the use of an extensive range of protective accessories. It includes face masks, Surgical Caps, gloves, etc., and all these accessories have a purpose, and these are a must in the contemporary medical sector. The use of the same item can vary within different branches of the medical field. But the ultimate goal of these accessories is to protect the personal, and not all the departments in the medical specialisation use the same type of accessory for the same purpose. So the same items are manufactured with different features to fulfil a particular requirement.
- The primary objective of any protective accessory is to safeguard the person. In the medical field, protection is from different diseases and chemicals.
- Some of these accessories are helpful to avoid infection to the people who get treated. Medical staff treat different people, so the chance of cross-contamination is high. Using proper protective supplements will reduce the odds of this problem.
- Masks: These are some of the most commonly used protective accessories in the market. In a hospital, the chance of pathogens that spread through the air can be present. A mask can filter out these pathogens from breathing air. The face masks are available in a wide range of types for various needs. It also helps avoid the transfer of pathogens from the medical professional to the patient. This feature is critical in the time of surgeries and similar procedures. During such operations, the chance of infection to the patient is high. So, all the participants have to wear a proper mask.
- Gloves: As with a mask, the priority function of a glove is to eliminate the chance of cross-contamination. Also, protecting the medical professional from pathogens is a function of gloves. Several types of gloves are used in the medical field for various purposes. Some of them are manufactured for protecting the person from dangerous substances. These gloves are used in labs during experiments. Gloves are selected according to the purpose, features needed, etc.
- Caps and hats: The hats are used in surgical procedures. It evades the chances of hair falling into the wound. Also, the Surgical Caps can avoid any contaminants from sticking to the hair. Several types of caps are available for this purpose, and all of them provide similar functions.
- Face shields: They are commonly clear transparent shields for the face. Medical professionals like doctors use it during the examination of a patient. It is widely used in pandemic diseases and can save them from infectious particles. It is best to use it with a mask to get more safety. Unlike face masks, the face shield can protect the entire face.
- Eye protection: Eyeshields are used in many branches of the medical field. They protect the eye from dangerous substances like chemicals-liquids, and fumes, and they can also avoid the dangers of sharp objects and particles. These are used in labs, operation theatres, and many other branches. Various technical departments like X-RAY also use specialised eye protective gear to avoid problems.
- Lab coats: These are used in almost all areas of medical works. The primary objective of this coat is to protect the person from dangerous chemicals. The lab coats also limit the chances of chemicals or pathogens going out of the lab environment.