Buying the house of dreams is the most crucial decision of one’s life. Years of planning and savings goes into owning the brick-and-mortar structure, which you call your humble abode. Furthermore, buying a new house might also involve taking loan, which is followed by monthly investments. Thus, you need to be quite careful while taking a final decision.
Everyone has different priorities while buying a house. If you write your priorities, you will never go out of track and consider all the important things for you and your family. Here are some points you should remember while buying your house so that your hard-earned money will not go in vain.
Here is the list of the things which you should consider while buying your house.
- Get Clear On Your Needs: Before making any decision, ask yourself a question: Why do I need a house? What things do I actually want in my house? What is the purpose of buying this house? Is this house for accommodation or for rental purposes? Your answers clear many things to you, which helps you to make many decisions while finalizing your house.
- Choose a Trustworthy realtor: Now that you are clear on your needs, the next step is to look for a trustworthy realtor. A good realtor who actually works for you can protect you from all illegal tasks. They help protect your interests and guide you through the buying process. They show you many locations in your budget. You can also seek help from cash home buyers, like we buy houses NJ who will buy you existing house in an as-is condition and suggest some good buying options.
- Finalize your Budget: If you know about your budget, it is easy for you to compare and shortlist properties. As you know how much you want to spend, you will only look to those locations which are in your budget.
- Location of your new house: – Now you have to decide the location of the new house. You can change the interior and exterior at any time but cannot change the house’s location. If the property is in a good area, the demand for the property becomes high, and you are in profit. Quality of life, social interaction, commute time, etc., are some of the features you should consider while choosing the location of the property.
- Check for Legal approvals: – Once you decide on your location, ask for legal formalities from your builder. You can also hire a property lawyer who goes through all the documents such as title deed, commencement certificate, land use certificate, no objection certificate, etc. So that in future you will not go into any trouble.
- Ask for the timing of house possession: – As a buyer, you should have clear about possession of your house from the seller of the house. Nowadays, it has become a trend of late possession. Usually, if you are buying a newly constructed flat, builders ask you about some grace period. But there should be a valid reason for that. You can also add a clause in your agreement to pay some penalty if you do not get your house in the grace period.
- Look for down payments and EMI options: – You should be aware of the documents your bank will need during the loan process. Clear about interest rates or any hidden charges before finalizing anything. Home loan processing fees, registration fees, and all other fees should also keep in your mind. Some banks do not provide loans to some builders because of their negative image in the market.
- Resale value: – It is not mandatory that you will live in the same house for the whole life. There are many chances that you will shift the house because of new job, financial crisis or many reasons. So, it will be better to know about the resale value and processes.
- Home inspections: – Before buying a house, you should take a home tour or inspection. Inspection requires to see foundation issues, insect problems, improper sanitizations, roof damage, etc. You need to know about these issues before making any possible result or conclusion. You can also hire a structural engineer if you want to get its quality analyzed. In this inspection, you should also focus on basic needs such as water quality, timings of water supply, greenery, quality of air, etc.
As I already said, buying a new house demands your hard-earned money, so analyze everything to get a house of your dreams.