With the advent of technology, new methodologies of teaching and learning have entered the learning landscape. The trend surfacing the market currently is E-learning. There is no doubt that online learning benefits both children as well as teachers. While it improves the children’s learning experience in the physical classroom, it provides teachers with a medium to supply unlimited resources to make children understand easily.
The Executive Director of a Zimbabwe Audio and Visual learning company, Shepherd Chimururi, observed the major positive impact of both visual and audio elements in the classroom. When he compared the impactfulness of the medium of learning, he realized that the kid who had watched a video of a trumpeting elephant had a longer-lasting and clearer image of the scenario than the kid who had only seen a picture of the elephant.
Many children use online resources at an early age as part of their learning experience. The growth and spread of technology have become an important part of people’s lives. Online learning helps children to improve their way of learning and get familiar with the technology.
Benefits of Online Learning For Children
- More Focus On Learning: eLearning can be more appealing due to the visuals involved here. It becomes easy for the children to comprehend or digest a piece of information when there are visuals for it rather than plain text.
- Flexibility: Online learning allows children to return to previous lessons, pick up or leave a particular content and provide a quick and easy account of the activities they have done so far.
- Increase in Interaction Level: Learning in the classroom may not be comfortable for some of the students. They might not participate to the extent that they are interested in but online learning has resulted in a reduction in this factor.
- Possible Remotely: The beauty of online education is that children can access educational tools from anywhere and everywhere. When learning becomes remote, it allows children to study from the comfort of their homes.
With a shift of perspective from remote learning, Yellow Class bears the torch for online education in India. It is a platform that provides several programs and free online hobby classes for kids that caters to various niches like dancing, calligraphy, art and craft, cooking and much more. Yellow Class assists kids in grasping concepts more easily. They offer a range of interactive and animated videos that assist kids in quick learning.
Here are some of the things they offer –
- Animal Sculpture
- Painting, including Mythological Painting, Speciality Painting, and Coffee Painting
- Calligraphy which includes Animal Calligraphy, Cartoon and Monster Fonts Calligraphy
- Wedding Dance
- Folk Dance
Such platforms allow parents to motivate their children to spend their time in a much more productive way. This way, kids are learning while also having fun.
Yellow Class provides activities and sessions that you can use to supplement the fun time that children use to watch TV and help fill in the gaps in their schedule in ways that you, and ideally your children, will appreciate.