Another name used for distance learning in distance education, you can also say it E-Learning or online learning. There is a physical separation between the tutor/instructor and the student. The tutor teaches the student via means of electronic media. It is when students are separated from their peers.
Distance learning relies on the tools that are used in online learning. Here is all you need to know about distance learning.
You may also like to learn about the languages tutor.
History about Distance Learning
The very first attempt to distance learning was made in 1728, in Boston, when a teacher gave lessons to two students via mails.
And the first modern way of distance learning was reported in the 1840s, teachers used a method of mailing texts transcribed in shorthand on postcards.
In 1894, Oxford was the first college to offer distance learning courses.
Benefits of Distant Learning
The benefits of distance learning are as follow.
• It costs less and is much more affordable.
• It is accessible to a lot of students worldwide and they can connect with the best universities without actually having to attend the university.
• You don’t have to travel much to go to an institute or university.
• You save a lot of time and “time is money”.
• Distance learning gives an opportunity to those people who are less privileged than the others so that they can have a right to get educated.
• Those people who have jobs can also avail this opportunity.
Types of Distance Learning
1. Online Courses are a type of distance learning as long as the student has a stable internet connection and a computer to study on.
2. Hybrid Learning is one of the types of online learning which combines the traditional setup of education and online learning.
3. Correspondence Courses mean that the students connect via mail. They send in their assignments and work through the mail and also receive work by mails.
Cost of Distant Learning
Most of the time distance learning does not cost at all. It is free of cost. And those who charge for their services for distance learning have very low rates. It is much affordable than other sources of learning like learning in a traditional setup is very expensive.
Why shouldn’t we choose the options that are more affordable for us?
Also Read: Fbise Past Papers
Online technology has divided distance learning into two, Synchronous and Asynchronous.
In Synchronous Learning the student has to follow a scheduled timetable and attend classes on an electronic media device and have to attend classes as per schedule on the time.
Asynchronous Learning involves no schedules and timetables. Students can learn anytime they want. The modes of learning include mails, voice texts, recorded lectures, and many more.
Both the methods/technologies can be combined and can be used separately depending upon the requirement.
Television is also a good source of distance learning as it provides learning opportunities and without any cost, if one has a passion to learn.
For instance, a person love adventures and he wants to travel but he has no knowledge about anything and he needs to learn a few things up. Like if he needs to learn about adventures, he can tune-up to the channel that shows adventurous shows and he would also need to learn a more common or universal language. There are some channels that give daily lessons on languages.
Wrapping Up the Point!
Distance learning provides you with enough opportunities to learn to make you a successful being. You just have to have enough passion and the need to learn.
Everything you need to know about distance learning is mentioned above.
Muhammad Junaid is a senior Analyst and Search Engine Expert. Extensive experience being a lead writer in Online Madrasa for Kids. Work for years with local and international enterprises. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.