There are many entrance exams to take admission to business schools in India. (NMAT NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) and XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is the two different exams among them. NMAT is a national-level entrance test conducted for MBA admission at NMIMS University, and Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is the conducting body for NMAT 2022.
XAT is a national-level management entrance examination, and Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur, is the conducting body of XAT for admission to MBA/PGDM Programmes. Comparatively, this is much older than NMAT.
NMAT Test Structure
|Section||No. of questions||Time(minutes)|
- The application process is online, and Rs. 2300 is the application fee for NMAT 2022 Exam. A total of 108 questions are asked in this exam.
- There are 3 sections in the NMAT exam. It has a sectional time limit. The allotted time limit varies from section to section.
- Students can choose the order of sections for solving the paper.
- The level of Questions asked in the NMAT exam varies from difficult to moderate level as compared to CAT, XAT, and SNAP.
- In the NMAT exam, the 90 Plus percentile is required for MBA admission in the Top Colleges of India.
- Improving the rank & score in the NMAT 2022 exam, it offers an opportunity for 2 retakes. Thus students can take it 3 times in one year NMAT (NMIMS Management Aptitude Test) Exam.
- There are more than 50 colleges and institutes for MBA attached to the NMAT exam.
- There is no negative marking in the NMAT exam.
To prepare strategically for MBA Entrance examinations, join the BYJU’S Exam Prep.
XAT Test Structure
|Section||No. of question||Time|
|Paper 1||75||165 minutes|
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||26||No sectional time limit|
|Decision Making||21||No sectional time limit|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation||28||No sectional time limit|
|General Awareness||25||15 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1||10 minutes|
- There are more than 160 colleges for MBA accepting XAT exam scores.
- Mode of Exam is a Computer Based online exam, and the application process is also Online.
- The application fee is Rs.1800 for XLRI PGDM Programs.
- 96 to 97 percentiles are necessary to clear cut-offs for XLRI.
- A total of 101 Questions are asked in the exam from 5 exam Sections in XAT.
- GK and Essay are the sections that are not counted to prepare the merit list for shortlisting the candidates.
- The exam difficulty level varies from Moderate to high difficulty level.
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) exam is generally conducted every year on the 1st Sunday of January. It is a one-day exam.
- All questions carry equal marks in the XAT 2022 exam, and for incorrect questions, there is one-fourth negative marking.
From the above, we can say that the pattern and syllabus of the NMAT are different from the XAT. Almost all sections in XAT are of moderate to high difficulty level. In NMAT, the question level is moderate to difficult. The decision-making section is an additional section included in the XAT Exam. The level of this section is also of a high difficulty level. GK section, which is not included in NMAT asked in XAT exam. We should remember that in the XAT exam, there is one-fourth negative marking for every wrong answer. There is no negative marking in the NMAT exam. The Strategies for solving the questions in NMAT and XAT are quite different. For attempting the questions in these exams, students need to take care of the pattern of exams.
Thus we can say that the difficulty level of the NMAT exam is less than the XAT exam. But again, even though NMAT is easier than XAT, the NMAT exam should not be taken lightly, and the preparation should be done strategically if you want to be successful in this exam & Also you need to know about appearing for the SSC cgl exam with confidence.