Conformance testing is another term of compliance testing. The testing is required to verify the policy, rule, or regulation of a company to see if it is compiled or not. The very first type yet significant test is compliance testing to assess the control environment. For instance, while performing IT compliance testing, the companies use the software to check that their software system complies with the standards and regulations. It is done to know whether the system meets the individual requirements in a defined standard. Moreover, all the conformance testing in an organization is a part of the Compliance Management System.
Three Key Reasons to go for Compliance Testing
- Monitor the system’s requirements fulfillment
- To see the system documentation is complete
- Also, test the development, design, and evaluation as per the company’s specifications
Who Initiates the Test?
The testing is initiated by the managing board of the company. They are the ones who try to understand how the employees consider different regulations, specifications, guidelines, etc. They want to make sure the quality and all the standards and policies must be clearly understood by the team to maintain harmony.
Conformance Testing Process
The Compliance Testing Process is crucial to make sure the company’s performance and efficiency are maintained. The process also kicks out the future risks for a software application. Below, you will catch the five steps involved in the process:
- Standards and specifications are analyzed
- Selection of test tools
- Testing procedures are designed
- Re-check of important validations
- Adapt the customized testing policies and certifications
Advantages of Conformance Testing:
Do you know REO asset management experts also follow the compliance testing while disposing of the foreclosure properties? Let’s know why conformance testing is now a compulsory process in many organizations.
- The compliance testing guarantees the proper implementation of specifications provided by the company.
- The testing doesn’t deviate from the utilization of the company’s standards. In other words, you get quality testing.
- The conformance testing makes certain that interfaces and functions are working as expected.
Challenges in Conformance Testing:
Every coin has two sides, so there are some challenges which you might need to face in conformance testing. Some of them are listed below;
- To perform compliance efficiently, first identify the system’s class for testing along with the ideal methodology.
- It isn’t easy to categorize requirements into profiles, levels, and modules
- Undoubtedly, it takes time and difficulty to design extensions and approaches to make the testing process successful.
Now, you might have a better idea about the conformance testing. Let’s learn how compliance testing for the mobile system is done!
Conformance Testing for Mobile System:
Just like other types of Software Testing, compliance testing is also done for your smartphones. Before the launch of the mobiles, the features it holds are tested to know whether the brand’s specifications are valid. Based on the type of networks such as GSM or CDMA, the tests are conducted to achieve conformance & interoperability.
The mobile test may include:
- Protocol Testing
- SIM card Testing
- Radio Frequency(RF) Testing
- Safety or Security Testing
- Audio Tests
- Specific Absorption Tests
When Should Testing Be Performed?
There is no exact time for testing as it is done when the company feels vital. For instance, before launching any software or device, testing is done to check the product is as per the specifications.
The Bottom Line
Functional testing is essential; moreover should be done on time. For attaining smooth working, conformance testing is necessary to know everything is aligned.