There are various health issues that affect women differently and are more common in women. Also, most women’s health condition actually goes undiagnosed. Most drug trials don’t include female test subjects. Women have to deal with exclusive health concerns like breast cancer, pregnancy, menopause, and cervical cancer. Urinary tract conditions are more common in females. Also, STDs cause more harm to women. Thus, it is important to ensure that you are properly protecting yourself. In this article, we are going to talk about common health issues that women face.
Women’s Health Common Issues
- Heart Disease: According to a report from CDC, around 25% of deaths among women are caused by heart diseases. Most people think that heart disease is only common among men. However, in reality, the condition affects both females and males. More than 49% of all consumers in the US are suffering from high cholesterol and blood pressure. Thus, you should make sure that you are doing regular exercise.
- Breast Cancer: Breast cancer mostly originates in your milk ducts and can spread to other body parts. It is considered the most aggressive cancer. This condition is more common in females living in developed nations as their life span is usually more.
- Pregnancy Issues: If you have some pre-existing conditions, then these conditions can worsen during pregnancy. This can threaten both the health of mother and child. Depression, diabetes, and asthma can cause a lot of harm during pregnancy. The RBC count can drop during pregnancy. This is known to induce depression or anemia. Obstetricians can manage and treat common health issues that mostly emerge during pregnancy.
- Anxiety and Depression: Sometimes hormonal fluctuations can lead to anxiety or depression. Most mothers suffer from a depression known as the baby blues after giving birth. This can lead to a lot of problems.
- Gynecological Health: Discharge and bleeding are important parts of the menstrual cycle. However, if you are experiencing more symptoms during menstruation, then it can indicate health issues. Unusual symptoms like frequent urination and bleeding between menstruations can indicate other conditions. If you are suffering from vaginal issues, then it can indicate serious problems like reproductive tract cancer or STDs. Thus, you should never take it lightly.
How To Prevent Common Health Issues?
- Don’t smoke: If you are a regular smoker, then you should try to quit it. You can take professional help in this.
- Eat a good diet: Choose whole grains, lean sources of protein, high-fiber foods, fruits, and vegetables. Make sure that you are limiting foods that are high in trans and saturated fats.
- Exercise: Regular exercise will help you in controlling your weight. It will lower the risk of stroke and heart disease. Regular exercise can help you in lowering your risk of some types of cancer. You should look for simple activities that you can enjoy. Every type of exercise will help you in lowering your risk.
- Manage stress: Stress can ultimately lead to depression. Thus, it is important to manage your stressful life. You should take steps to reduce your stress level. Stress can also affect your immune system. Thus, you should learn to deal with stress.
- Consult Experts: You can consult in an OBGYN office for your checkup. They can help you in finding the issues that you are dealing with. Also, they will help suggest to you some tips that you can follow for lowering your risk. Health is very important for you. Thus, you should take professional help when it comes to your health.
Women face a lot of unique health issues. It is important to make sure that you are healthy. You can consult experts if you are experiencing some symptoms. Also, you should try to maintain a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle can help you in lowering your risk.