When you have a large family, making sure everyone gets the oral health care they deserve can be tough. Between work and school schedules, getting the entire family to a dentist near Mckenzie Towne for dental cleanings and exams seems next to impossible. Luckily, with family dentistry near you, you no longer have to panic about scheduling various appointments and corralling each family member to the dentist at different times or locations.
When you have a family dentist, you can visit one location with your entire family and have the added benefit of having a dentist familiar with each member of your family and their oral health history. But how do you go about finding and choosing an excellent family dentist? In this blog post, our team at Sorensen Dental Group shares our tips for getting involved with family dentistry near you.
What Makes an Excellent Family Dentist?
Only you can decide what is most important for you and your family when it comes to choosing the right dentist, but a few good qualities to look for include:
- Convenient location and hours
- Excellent client reviews
- Multiple services
- Understanding of your needs
A good family dentist will help you maintain and improve your oral health through open, trusting, and compassionate discussions. You should be looking for a dental professional with whom you and your family can build a long-lasting relationship. You know your body best, and you should never feel stressed, embarrassed, or judged by your dentist near you when bringing up dental concerns. The goal is to have an excellent working relationship with your dentist so you can work together to keep your oral health in excellent shape throughout your life.
Finding a Good Family Dentist in Your Area
It may be challenging to know where to begin when searching for a family dentist in your area. There are a few ways to explore good options for family dentistry near Mckenzie Towne:
- Speak to friends and family- if you are struggling to determine where to begin your search for a family dentist, the best place to start is speaking with your trusted loved ones for recommendations. Often, if someone you know and trust vouches for a good dentist, you will find the dentist to your liking.
- Perform a Google search- if you don’t know anyone with a good dentist, your next step should be to perform a quick Google search for dentists in your area. In your search, make sure that you read patient reviews and explore the credentials and services of each prospective dentist before choosing one to book an initial consultation with.
- Speak to your physician– if you feel very stuck, you may want to ask your family doctor for their recommendations when it comes to family dentists in your area. Medical professionals tend to have a good idea of who is reputable in different medical fields.
Once you have chosen a potential family dentist, it is important to book an initial consultation at the dental office. During this consultation, you should spend time getting to know the dentist and their team to decide if this is the right fit for you and your family.
Questions to Ask Prospective Family Dentists
When looking for a good dentist to provide you with family dentistry in SE Calgary, spend some time reading about their education and qualifications. Don’t feel shy about asking them questions at your initial appointment, such as:
- What services do they provide, and what services will require referral elsewhere?
- Do they accept dental insurance?
- How long have they been practicing for, and do they specialize in any aspects of dentistry?
- What age groups do they have experience with?
It is important to have a full understanding of what your prospective dentist offers and how they operate before settling on a specific provider.
Take Your Children’s Age into Consideration
You want your family dentist to be able to treat all the members of your family, regardless of age. When looking into a potential family dentist in SE Calgary, ensure that they have experience working with similarly aged children to your own.
Your child should feel comfortable with the family dentist from a young age, so they can continue to see this dentist as they get older and begin to take their oral health into their own hands.
Consider Your New Dentist an Investment in Your Family’s Health
Visiting a dentist is about more than just maintaining each member of your family’s radiant smiles. It also ensures that everyone maintains excellent overall health. There is a clear link between oral and overall health, and excellent oral hygiene has been found to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke, and diabetes. Having a comprehensive, kind, and attentive family dentist that knows each member of your family will ensure that everyone gets the care and attention they need to maintain excellent health for years to come.
Visit Sorensen Dental Group
If you are looking for an excellent family dentist that is ready to provide you and your loved ones with high-quality, comprehensive oral care, look no further than our dedicated team at Sorensen Dental Group. We are happy to provide family dentistry services to make visiting the dentist as pleasant and convenient for your family as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us and book your initial appointment today.