Slots nowadays are the most convenient mean of entertainment for the masses. The entertainment value of these so-called one-arm-bandits has grown to be at par with movies and TV series. They now have all the right ingredients, let it be the immersive plots, intriguing design, or eye-catching animations. However, unlike films, online slots at King Casino also carry an integral risk of losing large sums of money within a short time or becoming a victim of gambling addiction. That is where the concept of responsible gambling comes into play.
The term “responsible gambling” refers to the practices and processes by which you can reduce the risk of losing more than you can. These practices can also help you to save yourself from the hazard of gambling addiction. Read on if you are not familiar with these practices as we enlist a few crucial tips to help you play slot machines with more responsibility and avoid their hazardous side.
Tips to Play Slots Responsibly
Here is how you can play your favorite slots more responsibly:
- Use the Clock: You may have noticed, but almost every online slot machine now displays the current time above the reels. This is to draw the player’s attention to the current session time. You can use this clock to be aware of the time you have spent on a slot, and it can also be used as a reminder that you need to take a break. Time management is crucial if you want to engage with slot machines responsibly, and the on-screen clock can help you do that convinently.
- Set Win / Loss Limits: On some slots, you can set spending or winning limits. The machine will trigger a notification whenever you are about to cross your limits. This not only reduces the chance of you becoming addicted to gambling but also allows you to better apply your money management strategies on slot machines.
- Use the Loss Calculators: Some machines now also show the amount of money you have lost from the start of a slot session. This calculator can also help you keep an eye on your bankroll or stay within your spending limits and play responsibly.
- Variable Spin Speed: If we spin the slots slower, the cash flow will also decrease. Some developers use a limiter to slow down the speed of a spin, which is turned on by default. Seasoned players can turn it off if they feel they are not in danger of becoming a victim of over-gambling. However, we would recommend you to keep it on so you can make your decisions and be aware of what is happening within the game.
- Don’t Use Autoplay: All of the slot machines now have the Autoplay option that allows you to spin the reels hundreds of times without even touching the spin button. This might seem convenient, but it can actually jeopardize all your limits, and you might end up with a big zero in your bank account. So, always be in charge and do not use the Autoplay feature.
- Lower Your Expectations: Unfortunately, most of the players launch a slot thinking about the wins only. Do not forget that if you play, you can also lose too. Slots are built for entertainment only, and that is a fact that most players often oversee. Yes, there are occasional payouts and jackpots but remember, in the end, the house always wins, and that is how it is. So, keep your expectations lower while playing a slot machine and never spend more to win more.
- What’s Gone is Gone: Never bet more to win back money you have already lost, or you might end up losing even more. Set your limits and stay strictly within those limits. If you win, celebrate, and if you lose, take a long break and start again on a new day.
- Keep Your Professional and Personal Life First: Don’t let the game interfere with your profession or personal responsibilities. Remember that the slot is not the most important thing in your life. Don’t let it affect your family life or your relationships. If the game causes you stress, anxiety, or health problems, you should stop playing and take a few months off.
These tips will undoubtedly help you to be on the safe side, but if you have already fallen victim to gambling addiction, don’t wait and seek instant professional help.