Netgear releases a new firmware version for its WiFi devices regularly. Performing Netgear extender firmware update helps in fixing the bugs and errors. It also adds security features to your wireless extender. Therefore, it is recommended to update the firmware of the device timely. However, some users have reported that their WiFi stopped working after performing firmware update. If you are also one of them, then we are here to guide you. In this article, we will provide you different troubleshooting hacks that will help you get rid of the issue. Continue reading.
Fixed: Netgear WiFi Not Working After Firmware Update
- Download the Correct Firmware Version
If your Netgear WiFi stopped working after firmware update, then its first and foremost reason might be a wrong firmware version. Therefore, cross-check if you have downloaded the compatible firmware file for your WiFi extender. If not, then access the mywifiext.net setup wizard download the correct firmware file for your extender.
Also, the chances are that the firmware update file of your extender is corrupted which is creating a nuisance now. That is why it is recommended not to run any background activity on your computer while updating the extender’s firmware.
- Reboot Your Extender
Chances are that there are technical glitches in your WiFi device that has made your extender non-functional. Therefore, to get rid of technical glitches, reboot your Netgear wireless extender. All you need is to switch off the Power button of your wireless extender and turn it on after some time. Now, check if the issue is fixed. If not, then there might an internet connection problem.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider
An internet issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider can also be one of the reasons behind the ‘Netgear WiFi not working after firmware update’ issue. Therefore, it is time to give a call to your ISP and verify the same. In case, the issue is from his side, ask him to fix it as soon as possible.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Follow the steps given below to upgrade your Netgear extender’s firmware:
- Switch on your Netgear wireless extender and wait for the power LED to stabilize.
- Connect your wireless extender and router using an Ethernet cable. Confirm that the Ethernet cable is damage-free and the connection is precise and secure.
- Launch a web browser on your PC and download the correct firmware update file for your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Now, type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of a new tab and press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to log in to your wireless range extender.
- So, refer to the user manual and fill in the default username and password of your Netgear wireless range extender in their respective fields. Be careful while doing so because default login credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click the Log In button.
- The Netgear extender setup page will appear.
- Now, select the Advanced option and head towards Administration.
- Locate the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, click the Browse button and upload the firmware update file of your Netgear wireless range extender.
- The firmware update of your wireless range extender will start.
Note: Do not refresh the mywifiext page during the firmware update process as it may corrupt the Netgear extender’s firmware. Also, avoid turning off your extender.
This was all about how to resolve the ‘Netgear WiFi not working after firmware update’ issue. We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting tips will help you overcome it. If you liked reading the article, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.
click here for more articles