It is not just shops that like to use wall display cases to display things. You might run an organization or business and need to put things on display, you might be a collector and need cases to place them on. Museums have many of them displaying artifacts and such. Display cases in all various forms have been around for hundreds of not thousands of years and they are a very important factor in any retail shop and how well they attract customers to make purchases. As well as thinking about what you need to display you also need to think about how and where. What you are displaying impacts what you choose too, and you can display almost anything, jewelry, posters, clothing, electronics, delicate ornaments, perfumes, artwork, and more.
Things to think about as you shop
When you start shopping for retail display cases here are a few things to consider.
- Think about what else is happening in your retail space and ensure the case or display unit suits that look.
- Make sure the case also suits what you want to display. Something like a glass display case makes sense with jewelry rather than if you are selling sporting gear. If you are selling something heavy, then you would choose a display that can handle that weight. For something delicate, you might consider a case that prevents the items from falling should customers bump into them.
- Make sure you are putting your wall display cases in locations where they can be seen. There is no point in having a highly decorative and sought-after item displayed on a case that people do not notice or cannot all see. Consider where in the shop is most visible. Think about the height it needs to be at to get the most attention. Use lighting if the case does not come with its own lighting to enhance the display.
- Avoid putting too many items all together and creating something more cluttered. Space things out where appropriate and ensure the larger items go behind so smaller items are not hidden.
- Try grouping things that are similar together. For example, if you are a clothes shop, you would display t-shirts together and then elsewhere jeans and so on. If you have different sizes, as you do with clothing, make sure the smaller sizes are first, and then it goes up. That way, people can find their size more easily.
- It is vital to keep the display case clean and the products on display clean. No one wants to buy something covered in dust, and glass and such is hard to see through when it is covered in smudges, finger and headprints, and whatever else has gotten on to it. One of the big factors in a successful display is that it is kept clean.
The types of retail display cases you use and how you display your items is an essential factors in the interest shown in them. When it comes to retail, you need that interest in order to sell more things!