Can we survive today without electricity? Obviously not. Our day-to-day life revolves around certain important entities, and electricity is one of the major ones. These are called utilities because they are so very essential for human life today. The most common utilities are water and electric supply.
Even if basic, utilities need to be paid for
That’s the truth of life. Even the most basic necessity comes at a price – nothing is free except for air. If you wish to enjoy an uninterrupted supply of electricity and water at home or office, you need to be prompt to make the bill payments. Thankfully, today, we do not have to traverse across the town or city to do so. With the help of the online medium, we can easily pay bills fast and swiftly. What are the different ways of making online payments?
- UPI payment app – These are apps that use Unified Payment Interface to facilitate seamless payments. You need a smartphone and internet connection to operate the app. Your phone becomes your mode of payment in this case.
- E-wallet apps are like virtual wallets with information about your credit card or bank account. The app helps transfer money or pay a merchant, online or offline, making life simpler for the user.
- Aadhar Enabled Payment Systems – Such systems are also called AEPS, in which users need to register their Aadhar card number with their bank account. Promoted by NPCl, this is a method to facilitate digital payments in the country.
- Netbanking or Internet Banking – This is another way of making online payments. You need to remember your bank account details and enter them every time you open the banking site. NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS are three common methods of internet banking.
Why go digital?
Not convinced about adopting the latest digital payment methods? Read on to understand how electronic payment can help improve your life.
- Online payments, irrespective of the method, are faster than offline methods.
- Online payments are easy-to-understand as, in most cases, you need an app downloaded on your mobile to carry out the transaction.
- It is convenient, and there are no two ways about it.
- The transaction fee is lesser than offline methods.
- There are cashbacks and discount offers that prove to be economical for users.
- Digital payments have a digital record with no chance of getting erased or removed, unlike paper records.
- The apps are easy to handle and comfortable because they are a one-stop gateway for all kinds of payments, recharges, etc.
- Digital transactions are authentic. No one can manually change or tamper with the records. Thus, digital payments help counter black money, corruption, red-tapism, etc.
- Digital payments are safer and better than cash dealings. There are no upfront risks of your money getting stolen or misplaced. You do not have to carry your physical wallet around.
Paying bills of TSSPDCL using online methods
About TSSPDCL – The Telangana Southern Power Distribution Company Limited or TSSPDCL is a government undertaking responsible for distributing electricity to the state of Telangana. The company is headquartered in Hyderabad. About fifteen districts of Telangana are catered to by this utility distribution company serving about 9.75 million subscribers. The company supplies electricity to the remotest hamlets and villages, Dalit and tribal colonies, and more. The progressively futuristic board has introduced several initiatives to offer enhanced power supply to its customers, from online bill payment facilities to electronic spot billing, customer service centers that are web-enabled, and more.
As mentioned, TSSPDCL encourages its customers to pay their bills online. You can use the company website or a trusted payment app to carry out the process without interruption. Before making the payments, though, you can use the app to know more about TSSPDCL bill payment online offers. Being abreast with the latest offers will help you enjoy all the benefits of the digital payment methods listed above
Being careful with digital payments, however, is important. You need to maintain confidentiality so that the security issues are minimal. Always go in for a payment app that comes with two-factor authentication and works on encrypted technology. It is good to talk to experts or read blogs from industry leaders before making a choice.