Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 is a windows 10 installation error that comes up when upgrade/ install to Windows 10 fails. The communication it gives is outside the normal stoner understanding and leaves them scratching their heads looking for a result. It says “ The installation failed in the theSAFE_OS phase with an error during Charge operation” This error may also come up while trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8. After trying colorful styles to fix the issue, I’ll be suggesting the bones that worked for me and hopefully will work for you as well. You may also read more to know about how to fix 0x0 0x0 error code?
Produce a restore point on your Windows
Before moving forward you need to produce a restore point in case the commodity goes wrong, you should be suitable to take the system back to the point it worked. To produce a system restore point; hold down the Windows Key and Press R on your keyboard. In the run dialog that opens; type
Also, click Produce, specify the name of a restore point click OK and confirm it. Stay for the dialogue attesting restore point creation.
1. Remove the fresh Plug-in
Occasionally attached fresh bias like RAM, Wireless or Network appendage, USB printer, SSD, USB fragment may help Windows 10 from being updated+
However, you should remove external bias also try reinstalling the operating system again –
If that’s the case.
Decoupling the Wireless appendage is rather a simple task. To do this, shut down the system and open all the lines from its USB harborage precisely also remove the Wireless adapter. However, you may take help from the sanctioned service center, If the system is under bond.
2. Uninstall the disagreeing device motorist
The inharmonious Bluetooth and Wireless device motorist may also affect installation Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 on your system. Hence, uninstalling them before streamlining the Windows OS works as an individual tool. Then’s how to do –
- Right-click on Launch and elect the Device Director option.
- From the list, detect the installed Bluetooth motorist.
- Next, do the right-click on it and select Uninstall device.
- Still, hit Uninstall again, If any evidence dialog appears.
- Repeat the same process for all the motorists under the Network Appendages section.
- Once over, Renew the PC to save the changes performed so far.
3. Update Windows 10
The outdated Memoirs may also evolve the installation Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017. To fight this, modernize your Zilches to the rearmost released interpretation of Windows 10 following this way –
- At first, visit the Microsoft functionary runner and valve over the Update now button.
- Remove the problematic motorists.
- Once downloaded, double-click the setup train to begin the installation.
- Hereafter, select the Upgrade this PC now.
- Subsequently, hit Next at the bottom of the runner.
- Now select Download and install updates ( recommended) later Next again.
- On the succeeding wizard, valve Accept to agree to the license terms and conditions.
- Mark the Keep particular lines and apps option and press the Next button.
- Succeeding that follows the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Still, do it, If you can do without these biases and replace them with general motorists. I advise you to do this if you suppose an update is important for you. You have the option of removing the tackle and reinstalling it, this time using a different fragment rather than the bone you boggled.
- Open the Device Director with Win X, also M
- Detect the tackle that caused the problem.
- Right-click and select “ Uninstall Device
- After uninstalling it, click Action-> Overlook for Tackle Changes.
- The device will be detected and Windows will install the motorist.
Related post: How to fix your PC when it says” Your PC ran into a problem”
4. Elevation in a clean charge state
When you bobble your computer in clean charge mode, your computer thrills with an are-selected minimum set of motorists and incipiency programs. Since the motorists aren’t loaded, you can modernize them, but be sure to modernize or restore the motorist after it’s done.
Still, it’s better to stay for a sanctioned patch from Microsoft, If that doesn’t work. Frequently the problem can not be answered because of incompatibilities.
5. Modify the registry settings
Still, try modifying certain crucial values under the registry to fix the installation error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017, If none of the below results from work. Then’s how to do –
- Press Window and R hotkey.
- Type Regedit in the Run command and press Enter.
- Still, valve Yes, If the Stoner Account Control window appears.
- Next, dupe/ paste the ensuing path in the address bar of the succeeding screen and hit Enter.